Previous Event Photos
It was a good day . 😃
200 dogs vaccinated
98 dogs received spay neuter vouchers ( but more calling in )
125 dogs received ID tags .
Everyone who worked this event is exhausted but happy . A good day for the dogs in Montgomery county .
Thanks to Dr Washington and staff . Aaron Johnson and staff ..and our awesome volunteers . ❤️❤️❤️more
What a wonderful day! Thank you to Don & Karen Mudd for graciously opening their beautiful new facility to house our event. Thank you to all of our volunteers and sponsors for their continued support our organization. Without you, we could not make these events so successful! Wishing everyone a wonderful holiday season!more
Buster & Sawyer "Hey, Hey, how do you start this thing?" Sydney (in back) "Let's get this thing going! I want to feel the wind in my fur.!!!!" AND there began the start of a great day........
A BIG Thank you to all of our sponsors, volunteers and participants. Without you, we wouldn't have had such a wonderful and successful event!!!more
What a wonderful day!!! Thank you to everyone that attended and to all of our volunteers who rise at the crack of dawn and stay till dusk to make events such as this a HUGE success!
- 1000 vaccines were given to hundreds of dogs and cats (we ran out of vaccines).
- We scheduled 210 dogs and cats for spay / neuter @ $20 each.
- 80 pets were given microchips
- 250 cats and dogs received ID tags
We handed out lots of educational material to every pet owner attending (such as Why Spay/Neuter?, Heartworm Prevention, Training Advice etc). We certainly hope that this reading material will help their animals have better lives and help the owners themselves.
Thanks everyone for your efforts!
- 65 animals received vouchers for spay/neuter
- 156 animals received ID tags ( due to Keebler Elf Connie E..and Sally I assume)
- 150 plus animals vaccinated …….MFV we love you!
- 60 HW tests administered
- Sold out of Frontline
- Sold out of larger dog Iverhart Max
- training / food advice given to a good number of folks!
- AND countless animals now have cleaner ears and clipped nails! Thanks Kelly and Crystal!
Thank you Natural Pawz!more
Our sincere gratitude to Bill Robinson and the 60s plus Dance Club for holding a dance benefitting LSAWL and Tiny Paws Rescue !! This wonderful group of caring people raised $1,904 for each of our non profits . We are honored that we were chosen by Bill and his committee to be the recipients of their generosity .more
- In 2006, we pushed for NO KILL at MCAS by bringing in NO KILL expert Nathan Winograd to review the shelter and to give advice to management to work toward this effort . Due to LSAWLs push for vaccinations on intake and better shelter management protocols initiated through his review [better cleaning (originally they were cleaning kennels by spraying hoses into the kennels with dogs inside them), better food, adoptions and longer hours being some of the changes] the kill rate went from 85% to 45% in a couple of years. It is now at 91% save rate.
- LSAWL built the Rescue Me Dog Park at MCAS to give dogs time out of their stressful kennel environment.
- We have had three bed drives working with our community and the end result has been the donation of more than 400 beds for dogs to get off the cold floors.
- In 2018, we held two Healthy Pet Days in East County (Willis) which has the highest intake of animals flowing into MCAS.
- We sponsored 200 spay/neuter vouchers for residents and vaccinated more than 175 dogs for the participants.
- We microchipped more than 300 dogs, and gave free ID tags to 250. Our costs were $22,000 for this effort.