Previous Event Photos
Healthy Pet Day - March 3rd, 2018
It was a good day . 😃
200 dogs vaccinated
98 dogs received spay neuter vouchers ( but more calling in )
125 dogs received ID tags .
Everyone who worked this event is exhausted but happy . A good day for the dogs in Montgomery county .
Thanks to Dr Washington and staff . Aaron Johnson and staff ..and our awesome volunteers . ❤️❤️❤️more
Paws with Claus - December 18th, 2017
Thank you Gillman Subaru North for hosting another successful event. We greatly appreciate your support!more
TWCC Cars & Coffee for a Cause - March 6th, 2016
The Woodlands Car Club teams up with LSAWL on March 6 to raise money and awareness for homeless animals in our county.more
Mutts & Putts - June 15th, 2015
Thanks everyone for another successful year! Everything turned out to be perfect and Mother Nature also cooperated. Couldn't have done it without all of the supporters and volunteers!more
Mutts & Putts - June 30th, 2014
What an absolutely amazing day! Thank you to all of the sponsors and volunteers who made this event successful! If you missed us this year, please join us next year!more
Pet Health Fair - Spring 2014
On behalf of LSAWL and the many pets that you helped yesterday.
Rummage for Rescue - March 29th, 2014
What a wonderfully successful day!!!!! Thank you to all of our volunteers who made this event happen.more
Paws with Claus - December 8th, 2013
What a wonderful day! Thank you to Don & Karen Mudd for graciously opening their beautiful new facility to house our event. Thank you to all of our volunteers and sponsors for their continued support our organization. Without you, we could not make these events so successful! Wishing everyone a wonderful holiday season!more
Pet Health Fair - November 16th, 2013
Thanks to all the volunteers and supporters that enabled us to continue helping our neighboring communities keep their furry loved ones healthy!more
LSAWL visit Madeley Ranch Elementary
In Montgomery to discuss the importance of Rescue and Spay/neuter!
Buttercup lived the attention too !! Thank you Barbara Welch for your
Mutts & Putts - August 19th, 2013
Buster & Sawyer "Hey, Hey, how do you start this thing?" Sydney (in back) "Let's get this thing going! I want to feel the wind in my fur.!!!!" AND there began the start of a great day........
A BIG Thank you to all of our sponsors, volunteers and participants. Without you, we wouldn't have had such a wonderful and successful event!!!more
SPRING BARK 2013
What a beautiful day to celebrate! Thank you to all of the wonderful supporters who made this event a huge success!more
Pet Health Fair - May 18th, 2013
What a wonderful day!!! Thank you to everyone that attended and to all of our volunteers who rise at the crack of dawn and stay till dusk to make events such as this a HUGE success!
- 1000 vaccines were given to hundreds of dogs and cats (we ran out of vaccines).
- We scheduled 210 dogs and cats for spay / neuter @ $20 each.
- 80 pets were given microchips
- 250 cats and dogs received ID tags
We handed out lots of educational material to every pet owner attending (such as Why Spay/Neuter?, Heartworm Prevention, Training Advice etc). We certainly hope that this reading material will help their animals have better lives and help the owners themselves.
Paw's with Claus - December 1st, 2012
Thank you to all who made this event a great success!!more
Pet Health Fair - November 17th, 2012
Thanks everyone for your efforts!
- 65 animals received vouchers for spay/neuter
- 156 animals received ID tags ( due to Keebler Elf Connie E..and Sally I assume)
- 150 plus animals vaccinated …….MFV we love you!
- 60 HW tests administered
- Sold out of Frontline
- Sold out of larger dog Iverhart Max
- training / food advice given to a good number of folks!
- AND countless animals now have cleaner ears and clipped nails! Thanks Kelly and Crystal!
Nov 10th: SOS Labs Etc Offsite Adoption Day at Natural Pawz : Pinecroft in The Woodlands
Thank you Natural Pawz!more
Country Western Dance - Octobert 12th, 2012
Our sincere gratitude to Bill Robinson and the 60s plus Dance Club for holding a dance benefitting LSAWL and Tiny Paws Rescue !! This wonderful group of caring people raised $1,904 for each of our non profits . We are honored that we were chosen by Bill and his committee to be the recipients of their generosity .more
Pet Fest - October 20 - 21, 2012
Pet fest volunteers working hard for LSAWL!more
SPRING BARK 2012
SPRING BARK was a HUGE SUCCESS THANKS TO SO MANY!!!! Sponsors, rescues, volunteers, and our community!!! Thank you all for your support!!!more
More Spring Bark 2012 (Sponsors)
Many local businesses and rescue groups support Lone Star Animal Welfare League!more
Even MORE Spring Bark 2012 (Awards and Games)
Many supporters were given "Bone Awards" for their contributionsmore
- In 2006, we pushed for NO KILL at MCAS by bringing in NO KILL expert Nathan Winograd to review the shelter and to give advice to management to work toward this effort . Due to LSAWLs push for vaccinations on intake and better shelter management protocols initiated through his review [better cleaning (originally they were cleaning kennels by spraying hoses into the kennels with dogs inside them), better food, adoptions and longer hours being some of the changes] the kill rate went from 85% to 45% in a couple of years. It is now at 91% save rate.
- LSAWL built the Rescue Me Dog Park at MCAS to give dogs time out of their stressful kennel environment.
- We have had three bed drives working with our community and the end result has been the donation of more than 400 beds for dogs to get off the cold floors.
- In 2018, we held two Healthy Pet Days in East County (Willis) which has the highest intake of animals flowing into MCAS.
- We sponsored 200 spay/neuter vouchers for residents and vaccinated more than 175 dogs for the participants.
- We microchipped more than 300 dogs, and gave free ID tags to 250. Our costs were $22,000 for this effort.